Download our free guide to getting your first job
This 34 page e-book brings together ACTU Worksite’s best practical information on how to get a first job while you are still at school.
The book is split into nine chapters covering topics like:
- How to highlight existing skills and experience if you have never worked before
- Personal admin – how to get a tax file number, bank account and email address
- How to look for a job and where
- Resume and cover letter examples that are relevant to first time job seekers
- What to wear and how to act at a job interview
- How to spot a dodgy job ad
- Workplace rights and responsibilities
- How to read a payslip
Each chapter concludes with a summary and an activity to complete.
The free First Job Ready eBook is available in two formats – PDF or iBooks.
1. Open this page in Safari on your iPad
2. Click on the green button above to download the interactive book for iBooks
3. The book will open up in the iBooks app after a few minutes depending on your wifi connection and speed
Note: This only works on iPads, iPhone and Macs with the iBooks app. Also only works in landscape view. Note: Make sure your device has the latest version of iBooks installed.